- January 1
GenerACTOR – Timeline – January 2022
GenerACTOR – Timeline – January 2022January 1, 2022Project kick-off in Barranquilla (Colombia) with greetings from Andrea Vignoli general coordinator of ANCI Lazio (Italy) and the District of Barranquilla in the company of the ambassador of the European Union, Gilles Bertrand; the Hungarian ambassador, Ana Sofía Villegas, and the first secretary of the Italian embassy, Marco Esposito.
- June 18
Experience Mapping – Urban Gardens in Colombia – June 2022
Experience Mapping – Urban Gardens in Colombia – June 2022June 18, 2022
Analysis of 20 Urban Community Gardens in the main cities of Colombia (by Replay Network aps)
- July 14
Constitution of the Local Urban Group (ULG) July 2022
Constitution of the Local Urban Group (ULG) July 2022July 14, 2022
Objectives of the ULG Urban Local Group:
- Bring together different interests and perspectives, build consensus for urban policy priorities.
- Governance method between local authorities and the community to better understand their needs, thus promoting co-responsibility in the process of sustainable development of the city.
- Co-produce city strategies through a bottom-up approach with citizens, communities and stakeholders, incorporating knowledge, experience and lessons learned.
- September 29
Second ULG meeting – 29 September 2022
Second ULG meeting – 29 September 2022September 29, 2022
The 2nd ULG (Urban Local Group) meeting in Barranquilla, allowed to define:
- Organization of Training Programs – Gardeniser 2022.
- Learn to make decisions and respect the ideas of the group to advance optimally in all GenerACTOR project processes.
- October 31
2nd WEBINAR – October 31st 2022
2nd WEBINAR – October 31st 2022October 31, 2022
Second Webinar titled “From the local group to smart specialization to promote sustainable territorial development, localized and driven by innovation”
- What do we understand by “food insecurity”?
- Food insecurity through studies and international documentation and the importance of urban community gardens.
- November 4
Training “Gardeners Horticultores” -2022
Training “Gardeners Horticultores” -2022November 4, 2022
Realisation of the training “Gardeners Horticultores” – 2022
(Module 1) Design and planning of the garden space – 4/5 November 2022
(Module 2) The soil cycle, its feeding and regeneration – 6/7 November 2022
(Module 3) Organic fertilizers composting and digester bale Silva – 26/27 November 2022
(Module 4) Harvesting water irrigation system and sun exposure – 3/4 December 2022
- November 28
Study visit to Barranquilla Colombia – 28 Nov – 2 Dec 2022
Study visit to Barranquilla Colombia – 28 Nov – 2 Dec 2022November 28, 2022
Study visit in Barranquilla (Colombia) held from November 28th till December 2nd 2022.
- Presentation Green Projects of the City of Barranquilla
- Exhibition of projects of the Barranquilla mayor’s office (Todos al parque, Siembra Mas program, BAQ Cultiva por Barranquilla Verde project).
- Financial management status (specific roles and procedures for pilot actions in Barranquilla).
- Detail of the tender specifications.
- Expenditure planning and monitoring activities; Quarterly reports and evaluations.
- Visit Cienaga de Mallorquín.
- Visit of the 4 areas devoted to the urban community gardens (Lipaya, Juan Mina, La Paz, Las Gardenias)
- July 30
1st WEBINAR – July 26, 2022
1st WEBINAR – July 26, 2022July 30, 2023
First Webinar titled “The strategic role of Local Urban Groups”
- What is a ULG and why is it important?
- Role and implementation strategy of “Urban Local Groups”
- What challenges will be found within the ULGs?
Summary of the activities
This macro activity includes 20 sub-activities starting from an action of constant cooperation dialogue related to the “Capacity building of local public officials and representative” among the partners, and among the main ones:
7 webinars “Factors enabling to sustainable Urban&Peri-urban Agricultural Policy”
Set-up of 1 Urban Local Group in Barranquilla and the organization and realization of 12 meetings of Urban Local Groups (ULGs)centered on the pilot areas of Lipaya, Juan Mina, La Paz and Las Gardenias).
A Mapping experience on the existing gardening experiences in Colombia and in Lazio Region
3 Study visits (in Rome and Barranquilla) to boots the capacities of governance
A consistent training program for people interested in Barranquilla, consisting of:
- 16 Gardeners’ Trainings
- One Gardeniser Pro Training Pathway
- One Training of Trainers Gardeniser
- One Gardeniser Tec Training course
- One Gardeniser EDU Training course
An implementation of activity with schools with theoretical and hands-on training for students in a public school
One online platform “GARDENISER.CO” (cooming soon also in Spanish language)
2. Pilot actions
this macro activity includes 9 sub-activities among which:
- Support the city of Barranquilla in designing a concept plan & methodology for urban agriculture as a city-wide effort
- Concept Plan & Methodology
- Develop and implement pilots/urban gardens
- Studies and design of 4 pilots/urban gardens
- Implementation of the 4 pilots/urban gardens through a participatory approach with neighboring communities in vulnerable urban areas
- Formalization of community associations for the operation of community urban gardens
- Regulatory document with the criteria for the management and assignment of the plots to residents (as per the RU:RBAN model)
- “How to create new public services” and realization of one novel Technological platform (e-governance) in Barranquilla
3. Transferring lessons learnt
this macro-activity consists of 5 sub-activities, among which:
- Transfer of the partnership’s model and green urban policy in Latin America, inspired by the Global Green Deal.
- Document with narrative (transfer story) of the pilots and experience from exchanges in Barranquilla: How to implement urban gardens.
- Development of 1 public policy document “Manifesto on UPA Governance” which may have an international impact
- 2 Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with other local and regional authorities in Colombia
- Virtual – in-person forums for the transfer of Concept Plan and best practices to at least 4 local/regional authorities in Colombia.
4. Communication & Dissemination activities
this macro activity is composed of 14 sub-activities which mainly include:
- a Communication Plan that is updated over time
- Communication Kit (posters, templates and logos, press releases, etc.)
- Project website (network webpage)
- Digital social channels (Facebook in Spanish, Facebook in English, Youtube channel)
- A video clip that resumes the experience matured by the consortium Promotional material
5 Press releases concerning the planned face-to-face 3 study visits + 2 face-to-face international events
1 national final event organized in Colombia
1 international final event in synergy with Demuca Foundation
This macro activity ensures the correct technical and financial management of the project and is composed of 7 sub-activities, among which:
1 Kick off meeting to launch the project
12 coordinating meetings (4 per year)
Reports and Evaluation activity